I’m a big whisky fan, but still a bit of a newbie when it comes to tea.
I was always a coffee kid. I didn’t really try teas until I turned 40! In the last year or so, I’ve learned more about different styles of tea. This Tomatin Barrel Aged Whisky Black Tea from eteaket is therefore of interest to me as both a whisky aficianado and a tea beginner!
I was sent through the beautifully presented Tomatin Barrel Aged Whisky Black Tea along with an eteaket cup and a very welcome miniature bottle of Tomatin Legacy.
Eteaket have blended three black teas from Assam, Ceylon and Fujian and added a little natural bergamot flavour and a sprinkle of cornflowers. The tea is the barrel aged in Tomatin’s Whisky barrels.
The aroma has the strength of the blended tea with both a strong smokyness and a fruity touch. The instructions to make the tea are simple –
eteaket also have a cocktail recipe suggestion for their tea!
eteaket Tomatin Iced Whisky Tea
• 50ml/2oz Tomatin 12yr Old
• 50ml/2oz Chilled eteaket Tomatin Whisky Tea
• 50ml/2oz Clear apple juice
• Dash peach bitters
• Pour Tomatin 12yr old over ice in a Highball glass.
• Place 2 orange wheels into the glass and then build with chilled Tomatin Whisky Tea, clear apple juice and a dash of peach bitters.
• Stir and garnish with a sprig of mint and fresh peach wedge.
eteaket’s Tomatin Whisky Tea would make an original and refreshing gift for both whisky and tea fans. I’ll definitely be returning to it!