The W Club are a great idea for either the whisky beginner or the aficionado.
Their Dram-a-Month subscription, for example, is a whisky subscription for the curious drinker: from seminal drams to obscure creations and highly-anticipated new releases, the Dram-a-Month box introduces you to a broad variety of whisky styles. Ideal if you’re keen to learn more about our favourite spirit.
You get a 5cl bottle of a classic malt, and it only cost £6.99 a month. That’s cheap!
But if you’re buying it as a gift for someone, you’ll want to know what the whole deal is like. Packaging, delivery, the whole shebang. This was my experience…
The delivery box from The W Club was black and gold. Classy from the outset.
The box unfolded to reveal the bottle. Before this point, I had no idea what I was going to receive. Upon opening, I found a 5cl bottle of Glen Scotia Double Cask Single Malt Whisky.
Matured in a mix of bourbon and sherry casks, Glen Scotia Double Cask was an enjoyable find. A well rounded dram, I felt that it was a good choice for a new explorer to whisky. While it did have a slight salty taste of the sea, it wasn’t extreme. A good quality choice – and a nice 46%ABV.
And, of course, some information about the whisky that you’ve been sent. The principle is that, every month, you can discovered a new double whisky for much less that you’d pay in the pub for it. As a Christmas gift, it’s a brilliant idea!
Those wonderful folk at The W Club are offering one lucky winner a three month subscription to the Dram-a-Month club! Simply enter via the widget below before 31st December 2016 and you could be the winner. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
1. Closing date is 31 December 2016 at midnight.
2. The prize is a three month subscription to The W Club’s Dram-A-Month club!
3.Entrants must be 18 or over and reside on the UK mainland.
4. No cash alternative.
5. The winner will be picked from all valid entries at random.
6. Don’t use multiple email address to enter the competition. Entries suspected of cheating will be invalidated.
7. The winner will be contacted within 7 days of the draw date. They will be notified and will have 7 days to respond. In the event that no response is received, a further winner will be drawn and so on.