Dear Tesco, Give Me Big Monkey Faces

Dear Tesco (an open letter),

My daughters Jenny and Eve are both toilet trained. Good news for us. Not so good for nappy companies. They do wear nappy pants at night time although I can’t remember the last time they wet them.

Recently, though, night time nappy pants have been a source of heartbreak and arguments, although I doubt you’ll be able to guess why.

The nappy pants we currently use are your Tesco Loves Baby easy fit pants. The pack has two different monkey patterns on them. Here’s a pic:

bigmonkeyface

The problem is that both of the girls want to wear the Big Monkey Face nappy pants. They can’t put into words why, but the Little Monkey Face nappies just don’t do it for them. Our problem is that the pack contains equal numbers of Big and Little Monkey Face designs on the nappy pants.

This means that every night, one of the girls has to wear the less popular Little Monkey Face nappy pants. We have had to suffer many a bed-time of either Jenny or Eve sobbing and yelling that they want “a Big Monkey Face”. At times, I’ve had to respond by drawing a Big Monkey Face on their nappy pants with a Sharpie pen and I’m not very good at drawing Big Monkey Faces.

Please, Tesco, help us out. I know you care about parents and I know that you want kids to be happy. Can you please, please provide us with an option to buy a pack of nothing but Big Monkey Face nappy pants?

Who knows. Maybe there’s a household where the kids have fights every night for the Little Monkey Face nappy pants. Maybe you could offer a service where such similarly affected parents can partake in a Monkey Face nappy pant exchange scheme (unused only). These are important questions and I think they deserve to be answered.

I love my daughters and want them to be happy. Tesco – help me make that happen.

Yours in anticipation

Daddy Monkey Face

1. joyce nesbitt
    17 February 2016

Life is hard

2. 17 February 2016

There’s a certain that my son loves. A couple of months back the packaging was changed and the cartoon character was taken off the front of the box. Now he doesn’t want the cereal. Thankfully had one old box so now we put the new bag inside the old one. Only problem is is when he comes shopping with me and sees the box which results in supermarket meltdown.

3. 17 February 2016

I bless them and how funny! I must admit, I use to buy huggy nappies for my eldest son many years ago simply for the Winnie the Pooh print but that was entirely my own choice. I use cloth nappies now and love the prints. Good luck trying to convince Tesco I hope they listen!

4. 17 February 2016

Oh boy! Can’t say I’ve ever had that dilemma Grant, as I don’t have children but I hope that either Tesco responds to your open letter or you can find another way to console the girls.

5. Georgina prince
    17 February 2016

This makes me laugh it sounds very much like something my boys would be arguing over, I have just had to confiscate two little transformer toys from them because they change every half hour over who wants which one or they suddenly both want the same lol no more arguing could be taken! x

6. 17 February 2016

ha ha ha with 5,6 and a 7 year old I know this all to well they always want the same thing lol

7. 17 February 2016

Haha who knew that little monkey pants would be the talk of the nappy world?

8. 17 February 2016

Oh boy, I can see the issue here and hope Tesco hears your plea and starts making one bag full big money’s and one full small monkeys.

9. 17 February 2016

lol Oh boy! We never used monkey pants so didn’t have a problem but I can see how it is an issue!

10. I hope Tesco hears your plea. My kid’s are teenagers now, thankfully we are past this stage now x

11. 18 February 2016

This made me chuckle, I can completely relate My daughter loves the swim nappies, because they have minnie mouse on them! We often end up in tears because she wants swim nappies not the normal ones! x

12. 18 February 2016

Do you know what, I never noticed! Guessing somewhere there’s a little boy or girl that likes little monkeys lol

13. Ickle Pickle
    18 February 2016

I didn’t use Tesco pull ups so this monkey business is new to me 😉 I have to say that when little ones get something in their head there is no changing it! Kaz

14. 19 February 2016